San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
WEDNESDAY, 17 MAY 2017
18:30 TO 21:30
1. What’s new and expected for 2017 and beyond in the IRS Tax Code under the Trump Administration, and how do these changes impact US tax filers living abroad
2. As an American in Switzerland, what can or should I do in terms of estate planning: last will, living will, power of attorney, prenup, etc.?
3. Retirement concerns for Americans wishing to retire in Switzerland or in the US
4. Financial planning and banking issues for Americans overseas
5. What is ACA and how it helps Americans overseas
6. Over an hour of Q & A time
The Speakers are:
Guillaume is a Swiss attorney and partner at Bonnard and Lawson. He works in international estate and tax planning in Switzerland. He has developed many estate plans and done tax planning and compliance work over the last few years. He holds a Ph.D. in international law and a LL.M. from Cambridge University.
Kenneth Freshman -CPA
Ken is a US based tax advisor who heads up the Global Tax Services Group at KLR in Boston. He is a CPA/attorney with an LL.M. degree in taxation from Boston University. He works with numerous US expats including many based in Switzerland.
Jonathan Lachowitz –CFP®
Jonathan is a Board Memberof ACA; Certified Financial Planner in the US and Switzerland and owner of White Lighthouse Investment Management in Lausanne and Lexington, MA. Jonathan has written extensively on personal finance for the Wall Street Journal.
On-line Registration is preferred:
- Please register in advance - No Charge for ACA Members who register in advance, US$ 30 per person online for non-members registering at Eventbrite.
- Donation at the door: Attendees who have not registered in advance online can pay with a donation of CHF 35 at the door.
Limited non-reserved seating. Please register as soon as possible
The ACA Global Foundation ("ACAGF") is the sister organization of American Citizens Abroad, Inc. ("ACA"), which supports education and research on issues affecting Americans abroad.
Disclaimer: ACAGF and ACA Inc are not responsible for any advice given at this event.
Save This Event
When & Where
American Citizens Abroad Global Foundation
American Citizens Abroad Global Foundation (ACAGF) is a US tax-exempt public charity. Its purposes are to promote the interests of US citizens living outside the US, to identify issues and activities that affect them, to develop information about these subjects, to provide this information to Americans abroad and to governments, including the US Government, and to disseminate this information widely. In short, it is a supporter of education and research on issues affecting Americans abroad. Its sister organization, American Citizens Abroad, Inc. (ACA) is a membership organization advocating on behalf of Americans living abroad. It is a tax-exempt, nonprofit organization qualified as an exempt social welfare organization (section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code). ACA is nonpartisan and does not support any political group. ACA favors a balanced approach to subjects, supporting efforts that provide tangible results. ACA does not support or campaign for any candidates. It does not provide tax, legal or investment advice. It does not market the services of any person or group. Learn more about ACA at https://www.americansabroad.org/.