AMANCF at Maddox Foundry
Friday, November 16, 2012 from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM (EST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join us at one of the longest running foundry operations in the United States. You are cordially invited to experience a metal pour, copy some of the best practices of this site and enjoy a free buffet lunch!
Maddox Foundry is:
- Family-owned continuously for 107 years
- Women-owned since 1952
- One of only two steel foundries remaining in Florida / In 2012, Maddox produced its very first stainless steel castings
- Full foundry and pattern shop, fabrication department, and machine shop
- Currently running (1) 7,000# capacity / 720 Kw induction furnace for steel, iron, and stainless casting production
- Anticipating the completed installation of (1) 3,000# capacity / 442 Kw induction furnace to be on line by the end of 2012
- Serving heavy industry around the world / From Bronson to Bahrain
- Performing antique equipment restorations to high tech space observatory components for the University of Florida Astronomy Department
Note: Safety Glasses will be provided for the plant tour / Low and closed toed shoes required.
It's a free lunch and a life time experience. Manufacturers will have preference for limited seating. RSVP Required!
12:00 PM to 12:40 PM Buffet lunch / Social interaction
12:40 PM to 12:55 PM Bill Hipp / AMANCF Benefits / Gen. Information about Maddox / Video
12:55 PM to 1:05 PM Fletcher Hope/HR/Insurance Benefit Commitment/Community Involvement
1:05 PM to 1:10 PM Intro Shellie Banfield / SFC Davis Center director - Partnership
1:10 PM to 1:30 PM General Discussion / AMANCF - Brian and Chris
1:30 PM to 2:15 PM Plant tour - Possible viewing of foundry in action (metal pouring)
2:15 PM to 2:30 PM Wrap up and introduction of next event / Brian and AMANCF board.
Membership applications will be available and accepted at the meeting for those interested.
Who do you know? Who do you need to know? Who do you want to know? What is important to you and your company's success? We invite you to add your voice to the conversation.
Please RSVP by November 9, 2012 Limited Seating Available.
For questions or comments, please contact Bill Hipp - Vice President
When & Where
Vision: AMANCF will encourage the economic development of advanced manufacturing organizations. By developing a favorable business climate, the association will promote, support and expand manufacturing within North Central Florida.
Mission: AMANCF will be an advocate for regional manufacturers at a state, local and national level. We will promote a favorable business climate for advanced manufacturing members by providing a forum to exchange ideas, develop synergies, and share best practices.