A hands-on experience of food, farming, and community on Oahu's West Side, specially curated by Surfjack.
Head out to the remote and beautiful west side of Oahu for a unique, immersive, and educational experience with MA’O and Kahumana Organic Farms. This adventure will give you a firsthand look at where Mahina & Sun’s sources most of its greens and veggies. The next time you dine at the restaurant, you’ll know exactly where your salad came from (and maybe even the person that picked it). At the end of the day, you’ll leave with new friends, epic photos, a full belly, and most of all a new appreciation for food, community, Hawaiian culture, and the Aloha spirit.
Admission is $125 per person and $90 per child (12 and under), or $100 for kama'aina, which includes transportation, two immersive farm tours and activities, lunch and coconut weaving. Gratuity is not included in the admission price.
The excursion is open to Surfjack guests and the public. Reservations are required.
• 8am: Onsite pick-up from the Surfjack
• 9am: Arrive at MA’O Organic Farms
• 9:15-10:15am: Begin the guided tour of MA’O Organic Farms with a traditional Hawaiian blessing, followed by a tour of the farm and its flora and fauna. Learn about and become immersed in native Hawaiian history and what it means to malama ‘aina (care for your land).
• 10:15-11am: Get your hands dirty working the ‘aina (land) and sample MA’O Farms infamous ‘sassy greens’ with Auntie Terri’s famous homemade dressing
• 11-12:30pm: Arrive at Kahumana Organic Farms for a guided exploration of the farm grounds, including time with the local farm animals (chickens, sheep, ducks!), and more. You may even get to hold a baby chicken or harvest fresh, organic, and pasture raised eggs.
• 12:30-2pm: Feast on a farm-to-table gourmet lunch, followed by a coconut weaving session and a few moments to browse the Kahumana boutique.
• 3pm: Drop-off at Surfjack
* Recommended to bring: water, sunscreen, close-toed shoes, hat and/or sunglasses, camera.