Hanukkah is late this year; our party is early! Celebrate with a holiday cabaret of food, booze, kids’ activities, dancing, music and more!
– The shtetl-rocking klezmer of Kugelplex, featuring vocalist, Jewlia Eisenberg
– The old-world undulations of world-renowned belly dancer, Elizabeth Strong
– Artisan crafted cocktails by Maggid Jhos Singer, featuring his signature “Latketini,” a deconstructed latke-in-a-glass that will spin your dreidel and then some
– Speaking of dreidels… storyteller, Joel Ben Izzy will read from his new book, “Dreidels on the Brain,” published by Dial Books (Penguin).
– Hot oily latkes! Noodly Kugel! Surprise music and dance activities for kids of all ages!!!
Joel Ben Izzy is an internationally-touring storyteller. His latest book, “Dreidels on the Brain,” is a Hanukkah story, circa 1971. Think Vietnam, Nixon, a nerdy 11 year-old boy, and the mystical power of the dreidel. http://storypage.com/
The Laketini cocktail, created by Maggid Jhos Singer, shows off the versatility of the potato, a staple food of Eastern European Jewry.
Kugelplex is California’s rockin’est purveyor of the old-world Yiddish soul music tradition. Songs from the shtetls of old-world Eastern Europe and original compositions. http://kugelplex.com/
Elizabeth Strong was a touring member of Bellydance Superstars, and was a founding member of Bellydance Evolution and of Beats Antique’s dance company with Zoe Jakes. A former principal member of Katarina Burda’s Aywah! Ethnic Dance Company, Elizabeth has traveled to Egypt, Turkey, Tunisia, Morocco, Greece and Bulgaria to study closely at the source and is now considered one of the leading experts in the form. http://strongdancer.com/