The Eclipse community is one of the most vibrant opensource communities. The focus of the community is software development tools but increasingly the intersection of tools, process, and new business models has created discussions within the community that are far broader than tools. The ability to manufacture software is for many organizations is a competitive advantage and thus ALM is becoming a key business process. The objective of the ALM Connect Executive Day is to provide a platform for software delivery executives to discuss modern ALM practices in the context of business problems. The day will bring together industry leaders in the area of ALM and executives managing software delivery to have open discussions on how ALM needs to change in response to a changing software delivery landscape. It will address questions such as :
- How does ALM work in the world shifting from 'Systems of Record' to systems of engagement?
- How does SaaS, Mobile and Opensource change ALM?
- What does Agile mean to ALM?
- What does complex sourcing do to ALM?
- Shared Keynote with EclipseCon: How GitHub Works - Zach Holman (GitHub)
- Shared Keynote with EclipseCon: The Future of Mobile Development - Jeff Seibert (Twitter)
- Welcome from Eclipse – Mike Milinkovich (President, Eclipse Foundation)
- The changing face of ALM with Mobile and SaaS - Jeffrey Hammond (VP and Principle Analyst, Forrester Research)
- What ALM knowledge you can expect from Computer Science Graduates (Gary Pollice, Professor of Practice, WPI Computer Science Department)
- Managing Complex Supply Chains with ALM – Mik Kersten (CEO, Tasktop)
- The User is the Center: Apps in the World of Engagement - Raziel Tabib (Applications Products, HP)
- Agile 2.0 Software Development in the Era of the Social Graph- Israel Gat (Fellow and Director, Cutter Consortium)
- Scrum - Success Ends with Middle Management - Ken Schwaber (Co-creator Scrum and CEO Scrum.org)
- Future of ALM Panel
- Sam Guckenheimer (Group Product Planner, MS Visual Studio)
- Jeffery Hammond (VP and Principle Analyst, Forrester Research)
- Raziel Tabib (Applications Products, HP)
- Mik Kersten (CEO, Tasktop)
- Mike O'Rourke (VP Strategy and Product Delivery, IBM Rational)