Actions and Detail Panel
Alice in Computation Land Summer Camp
Mon, Jun 19, 2017, 9:00 AM – Fri, Jun 23, 2017, 4:00 PM CDT
"Alice in Computation Land" is a five-day workshop sponsored by the LSU Center for Computation & Technology (CCT) for girls entering grades six through eight (6-8) who are interested in learning more about computational science and technology. During this camp, we will address how to use computer applications in your daily lives and take a glimpse into what careers are available in the world of science and technology.
Curriculum will include:
- How will computers and computation help me do my homework?; Can I believe what I read on the internet?; Choosing good information from the internet ; What if I need help with my geometry (algebra, calculus, math, history, chemistry, etc.) homework and no one is home to help?
- Web page creation , basic html , web page editor
- Programming with Scratch animation from MIT
- Alice: a 3D wonderland for creating animation and storytelling, games or video ; programming concepts ; making a movie with animation.
- Sound Engineering -coding music
- Guest speakers on research; women in business, education, and research
WHO: Middle-School girls (entering grades 6-8) in the Baton Rouge and surrounding areas.
REGISTRATION & COSTS: $130.00 per person. Supplies, lunches and snacks are provided during the camp. Participants are responsible for arranging their own transportation to and from LSU’s campus. CCT will accept participants on a first-come, first-serve basis. Registration Opening Soon! (email email@example.com to be put on mailing list).
DAILY SCHEDULE: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM; two snacks and a lunch will be provided each day.
What's the refund policy?
Cancellations received and post-marked prior to June 5, 2017 will receive a full refund. After June 5, no refunds will be issued. Substitutions will be permitted.