Join us for this 3 day portrait painting workshop at the beautiful studio and gardens of Karen Mattson in Willow, Alaska.
This class includes all paints and painting supports as well as lunches for the 3 days. Gluten free meals will be available.
• Color mixing for flesh tones - I will share my secrets to getting lifelike flesh tones.
• Dynamic lighting for portraits - flat no more! Use lighting to tell a captivating story.
• Converting everyday snapshots to compelling portraits - With no shortage of photos, this segment will turn your old or saved phone images, into a treasure trove of future paintings.
Items to bring:
• Gamsol if you have it, if not we can share with you. To help those with sensitive respiratory systems, please, do not bring other OMS or Turpenoid thinners to this workshop. Thank you for your understanding!
• Plastic sack for used paper towels/trash
• Notebook and pen/pencil
• Roll of paper towels
• Easel/Pochade Box with Palette,
• Brushes (We will email you a list of 4-6 recommended brushes. They are not required but heavilly suggested)
It's sure to be a wonderful time of learning and creativity.
We hope you can join us!
Have questions? Send us a message. We are happy to hear from you.
If for any reason you cannot attend the workshop, you are welcome to transfer your registration to another artist. Please let us know if this is the case. If you cannot find someone to take your place we can help find someone for you. Cancellations that are submitted less than 72 hours prior to the event will incur a $100 cancellation fee. After 24 hours prior to the event we cannot guarantee a refund.