San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
AL DIA News Media, a leading media company in Philadelphia, will use it's audience to draw the most diverse crowd to a career fair at the Pennsylvania Convention Center on April 22nd, 2014. Bringing together forward-thinking companies and career-seeking individuals in the growing Philadelphia region
Date: Tuesday, April 22
Location: The Pennsylvania Convention Center (BROAD STREET ENTRANCE) Room 113ABC
Time: 10am - 2pm
This registration is only for attendees. If you are interested in exhibitor opportunities please contact the career fair exhibitor at 215-789-6962.
List of current exhibitors (updated frequently):
The Federal Reserve
Brandywine Realty Trust
The City of Philadelphia Division of Aviation
Children's Crisis Treatment Center
The Philadelphia Corporation for Aging
2014 CAREER FAIR REQUIREMENTS
Must bring at least 20 copies of your resume, one copy will be your registration at the event.
DRESS FOR SUCCESS: Absolutely NO sneakers, jeans, sweat pants (or loungewear), t-shirts, or flipflops. ( These restrictions will be enforced)
- Have someone proofread your resume
- Research the employers who are attending and the open positions they are looking to fill
- Bring a pen and a small notebook to take notes
- Be prepared to approach an employer with confidence, offering a firm handshake, eye contact, and a smile.
- Be prepared to introduce yourself. Include your name, major, area of interest or expertise, and the type of position you are interested in.
- A two-piece suit is preferred by employers.
- Second best option is a long-sleeved shirt, dress pants tie and belt.
- Third and least preferred option is a button down or plain polo shirt and dress pants with belt.
- A suit with pants or a knee-length skirt and a tailored blouse or shell is preferred.
- Sweater set with dress pants or a knee-length or longer skirt is also appropriate.
- Revealing clothes showing excessive skin are inappropriate for a career fair.
When & Where
AL DÍA News Media
AL DÍA News Media is a dynamic news organization based in Philadelphia, with an increasingly national scope and reach. Our multi-platform news media organization showcases the fullness of the Latino experience in the United States — fostering engagement and driving a new American narrative.
AL DÍA empowers Latinos to write their own story and is the only news media organization that defines the Latino experience proactively. AL DÍA offers readers a unique perspective in the midst of the cluttered media landscape with its national news website available in English and Spanish, a newspaper, English-language events including media panels, political conversations, film screenings, and other ambitious content initiatives.
The content provided by AL DÍA across platforms actively impacts the lives of those who read it. Latinos find themselves fully represented; businesses learn about the fastest growing demographic in the country; and non-Latinos are engaged by content that doesn’t simply expand their cultural landscape but provides thoughtful and incisive attention to what’s happening throughout the nation. Other news media organizations may provide a means of communication between readers and advertisers, but AL DÍA creates an empowering and insightful partnership between the parties. AL DÍA blurs cultural lines to form one community. AL DÍA welcomes you to this community.
Our Philadelphia print product has a 96% market penetration.
In 2014, the company will be launching a website with a focus on national content generation.
Coming soon: aldianews.com