Involved with buildings and energy? interested in airtightness?
Trained airtightness testers from the BECCI project team will identify why airtightness is so significant in both new and existing buildings. This technical workshop will give you the inside story and a chance to try out the equipment yourself.
Did you know?
· Airtightness can save 30% in space heating bills
· An airtightness report can give an indication of the air leakage area
· Minimum airtightness levels are being considered for existing homes in the rental sector
EVENT: Air Tightness Technical Workshop
Tues 27th Sept 2016 - Marches Growth Hub Telford
Wed 28th Sept 2016 - Black Country
Thurs 29th Sept 2016 - Hereford
If your business is located in the Marches or Black Country this exciting half day workshop is FREE. The cost would normally be £250.
Places are limited to 12 people
Introduction to airtightness principles - what it is the effect on the moisture levels, when do you need to consider ventilation, regulations, future
10.10 How to test for air tightness – what equipment, what is tested / not tested, use of thermal camera
11.30 Practical activity
13.45 Networking - buffet lunch
Estimated Close 2.15pm
This workshop will improve your understanding of the principles behind air tightness and testing. It will help you to advise and provide interpretation for your clients.
Contact: Robert Stuart
01902 322284 or 07805 631652
Airtightness is highly relevant to:
- Energy advisors
- Architects, Architectural Technicians
- Construction site teams
- Facility managers
- Housing Groups / Sustainability and Technical teams
Introduction & background followed by a demonstration of equipment and air tightness testing technique - what an air tightness test actually tells you. At the end of the workshop you will know:
- How much a leaky building costs to heat
- How to measure airtightness
- What equipment is used
- How to check air leakage paths
- What an air tightness test doesn’t measure
We look forward to seeing you at one of our Airtightness Workshops
Priority will be given to businesses BECCI has not yet supported