AARP’s driving program helps you improve skills and brush up on driving-related knowledge. South Carolina seniors who complete the course are eligible for discounted auto insurance rates.
You'll learn how you can manage and accommodate common age-related changes in vision, hearing and reaction time. In addition, you'll learn:
- How to minimize the effects of dangerous blind spots
- How to maintain the proper following distance behind another car
- The safest ways to change lanes and make turns at busy intersections
- Proper use of safety belts, air bags, antilock brakes and new technology found in cars today
- Ways to monitor your own and others' driving skills and capabilities
- The effects of medications on driving
- The importance of eliminating distractions, such as eating, smoking and using a cellphone
Location: Aiken Regional Medical Center, 6th Floor, Classroom A and B
Facilitator: Vinnie Jones, Certified AARP Instructor
NOTE: This class charges a fee that must be paid at the event. $15 per person for AARP members and $20 per person for non-members. AARP members must present their cards or membership number at the beginning of the class. Cash, check or money orders only. No Credit or Debit cards accepted.