AHA ACLS Advanced Cardiac Life Support Renewal December 5, 2016 9 AM to 3 PM at Saving American Hearts 6165 Lehman Drive Suite 209 Colorado Springs, Colorado 80918.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support ACLS is an advanced, instructor-led classroom course that highlights the importance of team dynamics and communication, systems of care and immediate post-cardiac-arrest care.
The cost of this course is $200. Please register and pay for the class at: http://www.savingamericanhearts.com/ahaadcalisua10.html
This a 6 hour classroom course. The American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support Renewal class includes watching the ACLS Update video and hands on learning stations for CPR, AED, respiratory and cardiac arrest, ACLS algorithms, drugs, rhythm recognition, and using advanced airway devices.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support ACLS is designed for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest and other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units.
This course is required of most registered nurses, nurses working in the Emergency Dept, Cardiac Unit, or Critical Care unit, telemetry or heart monitored unit, paramedics, EMTs and Emergency Personnel as well as physicians, nurse practitioners, those who work electrophysiology departments or urgent care centers.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) also teaches management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke, the management of respiratory and cardiac arrest, CPR, effective chest compressions and ventilation with a bag mask device (BVM) and the use of an AED.
We will review the steps to cardiovert, defibrilate and perform external pacing. You will practice hands on techniques and participate in the learning stations before taking the written exam and the hands on skills testing portion of the class.
In this course, skills are taught in large, group sessions and small, group learning and testing stations where case-based scenarios are presented. At the end of the class you will take a written test of 50 questions and successfully perform as a team leader in a case scenario.
Skills to be practiced during the course include:
• BLS and ACLS Surveys
• Airway Management
• Rhythm Recognition
• IV Access (information only)
• Use of Medications
• Transcutaneous Pacing
• 1-rescuer CPR and AED
• Team Resuscitation Concept (Team Leader and Team Member)
• Immediate Post-Cardiac Arrest Care
• 1-Rescuer CPR and AED use
• Science Overview (Update Course)
• Team Dynamics
• Respiratory Arrest
• Peri-arrest Rhythms (Tachycardia, Bradycardia)
• Arrest Rhythms (VF, PVT, PEA, Asystole)
• Acute Coronary Syndromes (ACS)
• Megacode treatment
• Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device and use of an AED
• Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
• Effective Resuscitation Team Dynamics
• Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
• Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
• Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
• Related pharmacology
How to Get Ready
The American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Course is designed to teach you the lifesaving skills required to be both a team member and a team leader in either an in-hospital or an out-of-hospital setting.
Because the Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Course covers extensive material in a short time, you will need to prepare for the course beforehand.
You should prepare for the course by doing the following:
1. You must purchase the ACLS provider manual for this course and bring it with you to class.
2. Complete the pre-course preparation checklist that came with your American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider Manual. Bring the checklist with you to the course.
3. Review and understand the information in your American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider Manual. Pay particular attention to the 10 cases in Part 5.
4. The resuscitation scenarios require that your BLS skills and knowledge are current. You will be tested on 1-rescuer adult CPR and AED skills at the beginning of the American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider Course.
5. Review, understand, and complete the ECG and Pharmacology Pre-course Self-Assessment on the Student Website (www.heart.org/eccstudent).
6. Print your scores for the Pre-course Self-Assessment and bring them with you to class.
What to Bring and What to Wear
Bring your American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider Manual to each class. You will need it during each lesson in the course. Please wear loose, comfortable clothing to class. You will be practicing skills that require you to work on your hands and knees, and the course requires bending, standing, and lifting.
If you have any physical condition that might prevent you from engaging in these activities, please tell an instructor. The instructor may be able to adjust the equipment if you have back, knee, or hip problems.
If you have any questions about the course, please call Catherine Brinkley RN at (719) 551-1222.
The course is taught in a STRESS FREE, FUN environment. I want you to leave class feeling like you're glad you came, you learned a lot and you ACTUALLY HAD FUN !!!
You will MASTER all the skills you need to run a code and learn all the rhythms and drugs to treat them. IT'S A PIECE OF CAKE !!! STRESS FREE ! FUN !!
ACLS Update Course Continuing Education Accreditation – Emergency Medical Services. This continuing education activity is approved by the American Heart Association, an organization accredited by the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services (CECBEMS), for 5.25 Advanced CEHs, activity number 14-AMHA-F2-0224.
If you have any questions about the course please call, text or email Catherine Brinkley at (719) 551-1222 or email@example.com
http://www.savingamericanhearts.com Catherine Brinkley (719) 551-1222 6165 Lehman Drive Suite 209 Colorado Springs, Colorado 80918 firstname.lastname@example.org