Welcome to the American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider Course. April 1, 2017
This is a 1-Day Initial Certification Course.
This course is for healthcare providers who have never taken the class before, or those who have an expired ACLS Provider Card. If you have expired recently, you may be able to take a renewal course. Call to see if you can. Catherine Brinkley (719) 551-1222
American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is an advanced, instructor-led classroom course that highlights the importance of team dynamics and communication, systems of care and immediate post-cardiac-arrest care. It also covers airway management and related pharmacology. In this course, skills are taught in large, group sessions and small, group learning and testing stations where case-based scenarios are presented.
How to Get Ready
The American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider Course is designed to teach you the lifesaving skills required to be both a team member and a team leader in either an in-hospital or an out-of-hospital setting.
Because the Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider Course covers extensive material in a short time, you will need to prepare for the course beforehand.
You should prepare for the course by doing the following:
1. You must bring your provider manual with you to class.
2. Complete the pre-course preparation checklist that came with your American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider Manual. Bring the checklist with you to the course.
3. Review and understand the information in your American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider Manual. Pay particular attention to the 10 cases in Part 5.
4. The resuscitation scenarios require that your BLS skills and knowledge are current. You will be tested on 1-rescuer adult CPR and AED skills at the beginning of the American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider Course.
5. Review, understand, and complete the ECG and Pharmacology Pre-course Self-Assessment on the Student Website (www.heart.org/eccstudent).
6. Print your scores for the Pre-course Self-Assessment and bring them with you to class.
What to Bring and What to Wear
Bring your American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider Manual to each class. You will need it during each lesson in the course. Please wear loose, comfortable clothing to class. You will be practicing skills that require you to work on your hands and knees, and the course requires bending, standing, and lifting.
If you have any physical condition that might prevent you from engaging in these activities, please tell an instructor. The instructor may be able to adjust the equipment if you have back, knee, or hip problems.
The course is taught in a STRESS FREE, FUN environment. I want you to leave class feeling like you're glad you came, you learned a lot and you ACTUALLY HAD FUN !!!
You will MASTER all the skills you need to run a code and learn all the rhythms and drugs to treat them. IT'S A PIECE OF CAKE !!! STRESS FREE ! FUN !! If you have any questions, call Catherine Brinkley at (719) 551-1222 or email email@example.com
Please visit our website at: www.savingamericanhearts.com