** UPDATED LOCATION ** - this event will be at 211 Commerce Drive @ MHI
At this event we'll be hearing stories and case studies from 4 local agile teams. They will each present their story in about 10 minutes and allow for 5 minutes of Q & A. This will give us all a chance to find out how other teams and companies are implementing agile in Winnipeg. The speakers and topics are: Mike Iwasiow from BookedIn:
- Topic: Thank you TDD/BDD. You saved my start-up!
- Topic: Rails Rumble: An Agile Experience
Shadley Davidson from E.H. Price:
- Topic: The Price Room Designer project and agile: Where we succeeded, what issues we encountered, and how we tried to mitigate those issues.
Hanaa Louka and Sean Bueckert from Protegra:
- Topic: Their experiences with planning poker including:
- How including the client affected their understanding of what is involved in executing a requested feature.
- Disagreeing on the intial estimate is OK! How discussions help to drive out requirements.
- How an estimating session can really be about analysis.
5:30pm – Food and drinks
6:00pm – Feature presentation- four short stories of agile in action.
7:00pm – Agile round table
7:30pm - Door Prizes!
After the event - The discussion continues at a local watering hole.
When & Where
Winnipeg Agile Users Group
User group to promote, spread, discuss and learn agile methodologies in Manitoba. http://www.agilewinnipeg.com