San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This 4-day course starts with a refresh of the agile values and principles and quickly dives into real development, practicing the best techniques for agile software development, and making use of the many supporting features of Microsoft Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server.
Students will first be introduced to a set of realistic agile requirements. Then, using the concepts of Test-Driven Development, they will fulfill those requirements by refactoring mercilessly and actively measuring the quality of the system-under-development.
The course is heavily exercise-driven with students accumulating greater skill by applying concepts in incrementally more complex scenarios. Improving’s instructors bring real-world experience and insight to the classroom, and students walk away with knowledge, experience, and references to enhance retention.
- Programmers with object-oriented programming experience interested in high quality agile development with Microsoft Visual Studio and TFS
Students will be able to:
- Capture testable acceptance criteria
- Size, prioritize, and define done for work items
- Develop code using the TDD/BDD cycle
- Assign responsibilities to classes to make the solution flexible, extensible, and maintainable
- Design good tests so that they are independent and fast
- Manage work items in Team Foundation Server
- Use dummies, stubs, fakes and mocks to achieve test isolation and repeatability
- Detect suspicious code
- Refactor bad code using basic tips and techniques
- Use Visual Studio’s unit testing, code coverage, and code analysis tools
- Use polymorphism to create flexible solutions
- Decide when and (more importantly) when not to use inheritance
- Use UML Class Diagrams and Interaction Diagrams
- Benefit from Visual Studio 11’s continuous test execution, build, integration, and deployment
- Measure code quality with test coverage analysis, static code analysis, and bug statistics
- Collect detailed information about bugs from testers and users
- Manage build quality with check-in policies on the desktop and Gated Check-in on the server
- Branch and merge different lines of work in source control
Save This Event
Improving - Houston
10111 Richmond Ave
Improving - Houston
Improving believes that the best way to learn is through the application of knowledge in real-world environments. We specialize in creating situated, hands-on learning solutions for our customers in the areas of agile processes, object-oriented design, and test-driven development.