San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This 3-day course starts with a refresh of the agile values and principles and quickly dives into hands-on exercises for integrating quality assurance practices with agile software development teams, making use of the many supporting features of Microsoft Test Manager, Lab Manager, and Team Foundation Server. The four phases are:
Planning: Students will develop test strategies and test cases to verify requirements and learn to identify meaningful testable acceptance criteria.
Executing: Students will execute test plans and test cases while taking advantage of the key features of the tools.
Collaborating: Students will experience real-time collaboration techniques to communicate details of bugs, facilitate triage, and resolve issues.
Reporting: Students will learn about quality metrics and how their work measurably improves the quality of the system-under-development.
- Quality assurance engineers and testers on agile teams using Microsoft Test Manager, Lab Manager, and Team Foundation Server
- Model requirements in user stories
- Capture testable acceptance criteria in the requirements
- View product backlog and work items planned for an iteration or sprint
- Size, prioritize, and define done for work items
- Understand and select appropriate testing strategies
- Develop test suites, test cases, and test procedures to address acceptance criteria
- Execute test suites and test cases to verify that acceptance criteria are met
- Collect test details including environment attributes, execution details, and video recordings
- Understand the lifecycle of a bug including creation, triage, rework, resolution, and close
- Link tests and bugs back to their driving requirements
- Verify bug resolution and close a bug
- Use manual testing for cases where automation isn’t viable or hasn’t been employed
- Use automated testing when possible and recognize the benefits of automated re-testing
- Use load testing to verify the scalability of the system-under-development
- Use Microsoft Lab Manager to execute tests across multiple virtualized environments
- Update, track, and share key metrics about the quality of the system-under-development
Save This Event
Improving Enterprises - Dallas
5445 Legacy Drive
Improving believes that the best way to learn is through the application of knowledge in real-world environments. We specialize in creating situated, hands-on learning solutions for our customers in the areas of agile processes, object-oriented design, and test-driven development.