San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Often, agile teams will roadblock at QA. This is rarely a QA personnel issue, but rather the approach and choreography between Development and QA.
In this hands-on three-day workshop we will explore an agile-friendly approach to streamlining this most fundamental of software development processes, with the goal of removing that bottleneck and increasing the quality and outcomes of your teams. Topics will include agile requirements and testing theory, implementable practices, tooling examples, environment setup, and advice to make a system more testable.
The workshop simulates reality by dividing participants in to QA and Programmers and providing them with a problem to solve. Topics are then iteratively introduced as the teams work through the product backlog together.
Note: This workshop is designed for complete teams and is therefore not available as a public offering.
Contact us about scheduling this class for your team.
- QA/Test professionals, Developers, Managers with practitioner-level familiarity with agile and Scrum
Participants will learn to:
- Level-set on core Scrum concepts such as Product Backlog, User Stories, Acceptance Criteria
- Describe the role of agile QA, contrasting with the traditional role
- Discuss the types of testing, when they should be performed, and the Definition of Done
- Agile-friendly test planning, including sample artifacts for manual-only testing
- Establish fundamental development and test processes, including branching strategy and code promotion
- Establish the combined Dev + QA environment
- Execute and fail a series of tests
- Write code to make tests pass
- Compare and contrast TDD and BDD styles
- Establish the defect control process
- Implement Test Doubles (Dummies, Stubs, Fakes, and Mocks)
- Implement smoke tests
- Introduce integration testing
- Demonstrate automation at the Acceptance Test level
- Implement continuous integration
- Check-in, build, run partially passing tests
- Regression Test
- Work with and test Legacy code
- Make code more testable
Save This Event
Improving Enterprises - Columbus
One Easton Oval
Improving - Ohio
Improving believes that the best way to learn is through the application of knowledge in real-world environments. We specialize in creating situated, hands-on learning solutions for our customers in the areas of agile processes, object-oriented design, and test-driven development.