Wednesday, April 11, 2012 from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Agile Metrics: How measurements drive our work
Burndowns, Velocity, Release Planning, Quality
What is a Lunch and Learn?
Centare Group Lunch and Learns are free one-hour, casual educational seminars focusing on technical topics and presented by subject matter experts.
About this month’s topic – Agile Metrics
Metrics and measurements are standard practice in waterfall projects because, typically, projects take a long time, cost a lot of money, and are therefore high-risk endeavors. As Agile projects seek to limit this risk, the use of traditional waterfall metrics often no longer makes sense. This, coupled with a better understanding than in the past of the psychological and behavioral aspects of measuring people, creates the need for ceasing the use of old/bad metrics and standardizing the use of new/good/agile ones. This presentation combines theoretical background with real-life examples and suggested Agile Metrics.
• Overview of agile environments
• Explanation of agile metric models and who should use them
• References to specific case studies and results
• Real-world examples
Who should attend?
• Business executives, directors and managers
• Agile teams, coaches and developers
• Technical leads
Erik Weber – Agile Product Owner. Erik is a Senior Consultant for Centare’s Agile Practice. As a Product Owner, he has experience in all aspects of teams moving from various environments towards agility. This experience in both successful and unsuccessful agile teams across a number of organizations drives perspective on the balance between stakeholders’ needs and team self-organization.
Register online now.
Need more information?
Call Centare Group at 262-827-1010
When & Where
Centare offers total product strategy, world-class software development, and business agility coaching and training. No matter the offering, we think creatively and collaboratively about:
- Vision – Creating an understanding of the problem being solved and crafting the solution with innovation.
- Delivery – Consistently providing high quality products in an iterative fashion..
- Validation – Ensuring everyone is on the right track resulting in the highest value.