Agile CampFire - Summer 2011
Saturday, July 16, 2011 from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (EDT)
Announcing the NYC Agile CampFire!
What's an Agile Campfire?
Envisioned as the next step for Agile Firestarter 'graduates', the Agile Campfire is an event designed to provide a full day of hands-on, real-world lab experiences for attendees. Where the Agile Firestarter provided a basis for the theory and practices of Agile and offered basic lab exercises to experiment with some of the practices, the Agile Campfire provides an opportunity to put that theory into practice working as a part of an Agile software development team to develop components of a real working software solution.
Working together as software development teams, attendees at this event will get the chance to do all of the following:
- Participate in iteration-planning sessions to determine priority, sequence, and budgeting of User Stories
- Collaborate with customer representatives to determine how to approach implementing User Stories as a team
- Work in pairs and in larger groups to coordinate your software development efforts with other members of the project team
- Interact with a central source code repository and a shared Continuous Integration server to validate your commits
- Participate in software demonstrations to get needed customer feedback
In short, the Agile Campfire event will be as real-world an experience with Agile as we can manage within the confines of the compressed time-frame of a single-day event! Light on theory and heavy on real-world practice, if you enjoyed the Agile Firestarter but found yourself wanting more real-world experience in implementing Agile practices in a real project, then the Agile Campfire is for you!
For more details on the agenda and organizers/coaches, visit http://www.agilefirestarter.com