Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ3) and ASQ: Social Emotional (ASQ:SE2)
Saturday, May 20, 2017 from 8:00 AM to 2:30 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
ges and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ 3) &
Ages and Stages Questionnaire - Social Emotional (ASQ-SE2)
The ASQ is a screening tool that helps eraly learning professionals and family members learn more about children’s development from 2 months to five years old. This developmental screening is designed to identify children who should receive more intensive assessment and to be able to identify potential developmental disorders. Earlier detection of areas of concern and developmental delays are crucial for child and families to receive the support needed to acheive their highest potential.
- Learn about the benefits of developmental screening and how to share this information with famlies
- Learn features of ASQ3 and ASQ-SE2
- Understand the importance of sensitive communication of screening results and how to have conversations with families about these results
- Learn the process of referring children, when needed, based on screening results
- Learn different strategies for implementing these screening tools within your program
- Understand why developmental screening is a component of high quality early care and education
- Discuss strategies to support early care and education staff/providers in understanding ASQ and ASQ-SE results
- Discuss strategies to support early care and education staff/providers who will be engaging and communicating with families about developmental screening completion and results
NOTE: You will need to attend the entire day to receive resources.
Save This Event
When & Where
Raising Quality Together (RQT): Sacramento County's QRIS
Raising Quality Together: Sacramento County’s Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) is a recognition and improvement system designed to engage early learning centers and family child care homes in a continuous quality improvement journey within the QRIS matrix. Raising Quality Together (RQT) and its partners support early learning programs’ growth with research-based professional development, assessment, mentoring, and resources.