San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The global low-carbon economy is officially here!
The impacts of the COP 21 climate agreements are sweeping through business, finance, and investment communities as well as advancing proactive governmental policies. Engagement of the private sector is critical to achieving the climate goals established in Paris and to preserving business competitiveness in a low carbon economy.
Join NBIS and a panel of business and climate action leaders for first-hand perspectives on the spirit and momentum of that landmark achievement and the implications for Washington businesses.
Following the panel discussion, Karl Ostrom, Co-Executive Director of NBIS, and local business leaders will present new strategies and planning processes that companies are using to prepare for climate change risks and to leverage the opportunities evolving from this important global turning point!
Report from Paris
8:00 – 9:30am
- Jessica Finn Coven, City of Seattle Office of Sustainability and Environment
- KC Golden, Climate Solutions,
- Jay Manning, Cascadia Law Group
- Sarah Severn, former director Corporate Responsibility and Environmental Programs, Nike; Washington Business for Climate Action Advisor
- Richard Eidlin, American Sustainable Business Council
- Ross Macfarlane, Climate Solutions, moderator
Business Strategy Seminar
9:30 – 11:30am
Karl Ostrom, Co-Executive Director, NBIS with case examples and discussion with leading Washington businesses addressing:
- Scenario planning and risk analysis with an emphasis on supply chain
- Capitalizing on carbon reduction and innovation opportunities
- Setting metrics and goals aligned with the urgency
- Accelerating impact through collaboration
When & Where
The Network for Business Innovation and Sustainability (NBIS) is dedicated to inspiring, equipping and collaborating with businesses to create a sustainable and equitable world. Since 2003, we have provided regional leadership, professional development programs and a collaborative cross-sector community to advance sustainability through the power of business.