Aerospace Job Fair
Dates and Times:
Tuesday, December 6, 2016 - 12:00 PM – 7:00 PM PST
Wednesday, December 7, 2016- 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM PST
Renaissance Inn Long Beach
111 East Ocean Blvd
Long Beach, California 90802
Supplier Management Solutions, Inc. would like to invite you to join us for a career fair at The Renaissance Inn Long Beach Hotel on December 6th & 7th. You will have the opportunity to meet and interview with one of our hiring managers. We are currently looking for Delivery Assurance Specialists (please see job description below).
Supplier Management Solutions (SMS) is a growing company in the aerospace industry and we are seeking qualified candidates that are customer service driven with a strong desire to produce quality results while helping to continue building and developing relationships with our customers and their respective suppliers. SMS is based on decades of experience in supply chain management “to bring parts home on-time, every time.” SMS has proven our ability to provide an exemplary service to some of the industry's largest aerospace companies. Our approach helps make part shortages a thing of the past, giving value to our customers.
As a Delivery Assurance Specialist (DAS), you will be working as a vital link between the Prime Aerospace customers and their supplier base to improve delivery performance by tracking, validating, expediting and reporting real time part delivery status. Applicants must have solid on-site, shop floor manufacturing experience with focus on tracking parts at a milestone level, preparing line of balances, root cause analysis when trends develop and effective interpersonal communication skills with the ability to develop strong relationships.
• Track the flow of critical/hot parts through the suppliers manufacturing shop from the raw material phase, through manufacturing, quality, shipping and delivery to the customer.
• Proactively work with the supplier to monitor all parts to support On-time deliveries to our aerospace customers
• Drive actions to mitigate potential delivery delays by identifying risks, performing root cause analysis and development of recovery plans to bring shipments back in-line with customer requirements
• Create daily status reports and communicate actions and plans to all stakeholders with our prime aerospace customers throughout the day
• Identify systemic causes for poor delivery performance and execute supplier improvement plans
• Machine Shop/Sheet Metal experience preferred for consideration of this position
• Education -- High School Graduate or Equivalent
• Manufacturing Experience – 5 to 10 years
• Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (2010 Excel basic skills required)
• Effective communication skills
• Detail oriented
• Reliable transportation - must have current/active drivers' license
• US citizenship required
Supplier Management Solutions, Inc. (SMS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.