Actions and Detail Panel
Thu, October 12, 2017, 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM EDT
Legislation and policy drives our industry, but who drives changes in legislation and law?
Join our Advocacy committee as they interpret, suggest updates to, and advocate for advances in laws and policy related to green buildings. All are welcome to join in this high level discussion.
General Questions: How can this committee reach out and build value for practitioners and
the larger community? How can we accommodate both detailed issue-based discussions as
well as more inviting, general discussions for new members?
- Make a Plan to Brainstorm, Prioritize and Select 3 Priorities for 2017 (6-6:20)
- Connecting our priorities to other national / local legislative agendas (USGBC, ILFI)
- Roles on Committee, General Communication, Decision Making
Upcoming Events / 2017 Calendar Overview (6:40-7)
o Confirm upcoming meetings and activities
o Advocacy Roundtable with BSA: 12/8, 8:30AM
o Co-Signing Fair - January. How do we want to participate?
o Map out 2017 Activities and Cadence of Internal Meetings and Externally focused events
We look forward to seeing you there!
Here is some background on what the Chapter has been working on recently:
We are still tracking our current priorites::
- PACE Clean Energy Financing - we were victorious in attaining PACE for Massachusetts in 2016! Now: how can we bring this new tool to bear on green building projects throughout the Commonwealth?
- Net Zero Energy building code - how can we shift the conversation on codes? How can we support municipalities who are leading - like Cambridge with their Net Zero Action Plan?
- Net Metering Improvements - we were able to engineer reform of net metering in 2016, but we know it was a temporary fix. How do we position our advocacy efforts to ensure we see progress in early 2017?
Also, we are tracking other initiatives including:
- Building Energy Benchmarking (BERDO & BEUDO)
- The MA "Stretch Code" for energy efficiency
- The greening of the MLS and the residential market transformation
- Energy efficiency education