Advertising Guidelines for Lenders
Thursday, February 6, 2014 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PST)
This training is an in-depth study of the advertising guidelines of Regulation Z. It will delve into the requirements of the rules for open-end credit offerings, closed-end credit offerings, mortgages, HELOCs, deferred interest offerings, and promotional interest offerings.
Why Should You Attend:
Regulation Z has very specific advertising requirements for open-end and closed-end credit, with special rules for mortgage lending, home equity lines of credit and credit cards.
This webinar will address all of these requirements. The instructor will take an in-depth look at what constitutes a ‘trigger term’ and what disclosures must follow as ‘triggered’ terms. This webinar will look at several advertisements and break each down to determine if it complies. It will also briefly discuss FDIC and HUD advertising rules.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Open-end Credit Advertising Rules
- Closed-end Credit Advertising Rules
- Trigger and Triggered Terms
- Mortgage and HELOC Specific Advertising Disclosures
- FDIC and HUD Advertising Rules
- Advertising Disclosures Specific to Type of Medium
- Internet Based
- Television & Radio
Who Will Benefit:
- Compliance Officers
- Regulatory Attorneys/In house Counsel
- Risk Officers
- Marketing Staff
- Staff with roles and responsibilities in Compliance, Risk and Proofreading.
Stephen J. Bowe, J.D., M.B.A. , L.L.M. is a highly experienced and educated Financial Regulatory Compliance Attorney with extensive experience in drafting credit related documents including applications, terms and conditions, statements, change in terms and credit advertising disclosures, crafting policies and procedures, designing and implementing compliance and internal control testing programs, managing regulatory audits, and training on regulatory compliance related issues.
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.