Fundamentals of Innovation through Human-Centered Design Workshop or equivalent LUMA Introductory Workshop.
This 2-day workshop is an intimate, peer-to-peer learning experience wherein you will deepen your knowledge of the LUMA System of Innovation.
Through a mix of coaching and individualized practice sessions you will sharpen your Human-Centered Design skills and be prepared to:
- Spark enthusiasm for innovation within your organization
- Plan and apply the LUMA System on various projects
- Lead teams to do collaborative work
- Help your colleagues grow and develop their own design skills
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Product managers, designers, researchers, user experience professionals, marketers, consultants, engineers, and learning professionals interested in improving their skills in Human-Centered Design, also known as Design Thinking;
- Business, non-profit, government, and academic leaders interested in building a culture of innovation or otherwise creating new value through Human-Centered Design
HOW RECENT ATTENDEES DESCRIBE OUR WORKSHOPS
- "I have attended many professional development programs over the years including ones at high ranking business schools. The LUMA Institute and its two day advanced workshop is among the best!" — Marla Hetzel, Director of Innovation, AARP
- "I feel like I'm in grad school, i.e. with a small, motivated group, working with faculty on mutual problems, all learning from each other." — 2014 Participant
ATTENDEE ORGANIZATIONS HAVE INCLUDED
AARP, Amway, DBS Bank, The Ellis School, Emerson, Facebook, Google, Harvard Business School, Honeywell, Intuit, Knight Foundation, MAYA Design, Office of Personnel Management, Owens Corning, The Pittsburgh Foundation, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, Stanford University, US Coast Guard, Wells Fargo
- Heritage of the LUMA System of Innovation, including background and philosophical foundations;
- Building Knowledge of Methods and Combinations, including sequencing methods and building methods sets;
- Planning for Personal Advancement, including readiness visualization and preparation for practice sessions;
- Peer-to-Peer Practice Sessions, based on your choice of track for concentrated growth: Catalyst, Practitioner, Facilitator, or Instructor
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- LUMA's "Innovating for People: Project Planning Kit"
- LUMA's four bibliographies on: 1) Collections of Methods; 2) "Innovating for People" Handbook Methods; 3) Historical Classics; 4) Innovation for Business
TERMS & CONDITIONS
We do not offer refunds. We do not permit transfers from one workshop date to another. However, it is possible to send someone else in your place should you be unable to attend.
Also, please note that we reserve the right to cancel any public workshop up to fourteen (14) days prior to the start date of that workshop. In such a case, registrants will be promptly notified and will receive a full refund or be given the option to attend a future public workshop within six (6) months. We are not responsible for travel expenses or any costs that may be incurred as a result of a cancellation.
All materials and handouts provided by LUMA during the workshop are published, copyrighted works proprietary and owned exclusively by LUMA and its licensors. Workshop participants do not acquire title nor ownership rights in any of these materials, and agree not to reproduce, modify, or distribute any of the materials received from or provided by LUMA.
After registering, each attendee will be sent additional information from a LUMA team member concerning logistics. If you have additional requirements, please call us, and we’ll be happy to help.
Breakfast and lunch are included in your workshop registration fee.