San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
If WordPress is your business - as a developer, you are a power-user, you manage your site at work or you're a marketing pro - this is the course for you.
During this two day training Trena will teach you some advanced techniques that are sure to not only make you more comfortable with the software, but also give you a competitive advantage. You'll learn some insider tips and tricks of the trade for creating and managing websites for yourself, your employer and/or for your clients. We'll cover everything from creating intranets and building membership sites to using child themes, integrating marketing tools and creating ecommerce solutions.
Who is this course for?
This course is targeted to those that are already familiar with the basic WordPress CMS software. This advanced course is ideal for those already comfortable building basic WordPress websites but are looking to work in the field professionally or companies looking to bring their website creation and maintenance in-house.
- 9:30 am to 3:30 pm EST each day
- Laptop - the class is very hands-on
- Text Editor (some recommendations have been provided below)
- Web Browser: the latest version of Google Chrome or Firefox
- FTP Client (FileZilla is recommended)
- Sample Images to upload to your website during the hands-on portion of the training)
- An external mouse (if you prefer using one)
- Business Cards - workshops are always a great place to network
- Pen/Pad - for taking notes
- Lunch and refreshments on both days
- An electronic copy of the teaching materials
- Theme Overview: Frameworks and Child Themes
- Understanding Child Themes
- Creating a Child Theme
- Functions.php: Useful PHP Code Snippets
- Basic CSS Editing
- Working with the Twenty Twelve WordPress Theme
- Customizing Your Login Screen
- Ecommerce for WordPress
- Event Management: Calendars, Tickets, etc.
- Advanced Content Plugins
- Managing Multiple Users in WordPress (Workflows and Responsibilities)
- Third Party Authentication: Logging in with Google, Facebook and Twitter
- Introduction to Membership Sites
- Creating an Intranet
- Integrating Marketing Tools (Email Software, Google Analtyics, etc.)
All attendants will need to bring a laptop computer. Internet access will be provided by Apex Virtual Solutions. Basic internet knowledge is required to get the best experience from the training.
If Apex Virtual Solutions cancels class, students will be issued a full refund. If a registrant cancels at least 15 days prior to the class, a full refund is issued. If a registrant cancels registration, at least 10 days prior to class, instructor will issue a refund less $75 administrative fee or 15%, whichever is greater. No refunds will be issued if registrant cancels 9 days or less from the class date; student will be issued a credit (less $75 administrative fee or 15%) or be enrolled for an upcoming class. WE WILL NOT OFFER REFUNDS ON THE DAY OF OR AFTER THE EVENT HAS TAKEN PLACE.
I liked how intimate the class was, it removed any hesitation, making it easy to ask questions. I feel like it was a great value for the money. The workshop has given me the confidence I need to try updating our company website instead of just wandering around aimlessly. I highly recommend this workshop, it wasn’t too long and the staff was awesome! – Liz Thomas of ETS Solutions
The WordPress workshop I attended was very organized and the staff was extremely friendly. I liked that it was small and intimate, and we were able to personalize questions. I definitely feel that it was worth the investment. I give this class and A+ rating and would recommend it to a friend or colleague. – Arielle Ross of Global Health Action
Overall, I give the workshop a 5-star rating. It was very informative and I really enjoyed the laid back feel of the training. I think the approach was very unique and well worth the money. The training was organized, the staff was friendly and I would definitely recommend this workshop to my friends and colleagues. – Jennifer Ross of Cox Media Group