This class covers making a Cross-style pen on the wood lathe:
- Pen blanks - prepping, drilling, mounting inner tube, sanding
- Mounting the blanks on the pen mandrel
- Turning and finishing the wood
- Assembling the pen
Each student will start with a chunk of wood and walk away with a finished, working pen. We have many wood species available, so each pen should be unique.
Ticket price includes all materials - mainly the wood blank and a pen making kit.
Please meet in the wood shop area by class start time.
The class is limited to 6 total students to allow time for everyone to complete their pen.
- Wear a short sleeve shirt. No ties, necklaces, or other dangly things that could get caught in a spinning lathe.
- The Basic Woodturning class is a pre-requisite for this class.
About the Instructor
Matt (email@example.com) is a Systems Engineer and Astronomer by trade, but has been doing woodworking of various kinds for about 30 years.