This is a project course for students with coding experience who will build their own game with guidance. Classes build upon eachother, so students must attend all classes or get caught up to speed prior.
* Ten, two-hour classes that build upon each other
* Students should experiment and complete lessons between classes
* Students should be at least 10 years old and able to work mostly independently.
* Students should have their own laptop (or borrow one of ours) and general computer skills (typing, opening a browser, etc).
* A laptop is required for each child. If you do not have a laptop, we have some available. Also bring a notebook and pen to take notes. For very young children please BRING A MOUSE for the laptop because their hands are small and it's difficult to use the track pad.
* A parent/guardian must stay for ALL children. All parents are encouraged to stay and participate in the event. Please let your child learn on their own so they can ask for help from each other and the mentors. This will encourage teamwork and promote critical thinking as well as allow us to determine their skill level for awarding belts. Please free up a seat for another child if you feel your child is capable to progress on their own.
At CoderDojo Pensacola, young people between 7 and 17 can learn how to code, develop websites, apps, programs, games and more. In addition to learning to code, members meet like minded people, show off what they’ve been working on and so on. CoderDojo makes development and learning to code a fun and sociable experience. CoderDojo also puts a strong emphasis on open source and free software, and has a strong network of members and volunteers globally. CoderDojo has just one rule: “Above All: Be Cool!“
Date and Time
University of West Florida Innovation Institute
321 N. DeVilliers St - 3rd Floor
Use Back Door Near Parking Lot
Pensacola, Florida 32501