Advanced Policy Governance featuring Monitoring and Future-Focused Agendas
Who Should Attend?
Board members, Board Chairs, CEOs and administrative staff who want an in-depth look at advanced application of the Policy Governance model
The Power of Monitoring
Monitoring provides a powerful mechanism for the board to control without micromanaging. This advanced session on monitoring will feature the opportunity to do “hands-on” work with monitoring reports.
Here’s why you should attend if you write monitoring reports! You will learn:
- What should be included in a monitoring report for Ends and Executive Limitations
- What should not be included in monitoring reports and why
- How to write a good interpretation
- What constitutes evidence in a monitoring report
- Tips on how to save time in writing monitoring reports
- What to look for in an interpretation, or in evidence
- What should be included when engaging an external monitor
- When and how to appropriately do ‘direct inspection’
- Tips on how to save time when assessing monitoring reports
- How to document the board’s decisions about monitoring reports
- How monitoring reports and CEO evaluations connect
One of the key roles of the board is setting direction. Your board implemented Policy Governance succesfully , but...
- Is your board feeling “stuck in the mechanics” of Policy Governance, rather than using the model as a tool to govern well?
- Are you using Policy Governance as a tool, or to govern well?
- Does your board apply the model effectively to provide future-focused leadership?
- Do you need Tools and tips for creating agendas that set the course for an organization that is healthy and viable not just today and and in the future?
- What to do with information from the CEO
- What to do with ownership linkage information?
This advanced session will answer these important questions to assist you in moving from good to great governance!
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
My name is Marian Hamilton and you can contact me at email@example.com or by telephone at 403.720.6282.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Yes. Should you not be able to attend, your ticket may be transferred to another person. We would appreciate knowing about it in advance, as we create name tags and certificates of achievement.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
There is a parking lot beside the hotel
Is there any advance preparation?
No. We provide you with all the information you need at the course to keep and use as a resource in the future.
Who will be leading the session?
Jannice Moore, President of The Governance Coach™, a leading expert in Policy Governance and author if nemerous books on the practical application of Policy Governance, and
Richard Stringham, Senior Consultant for The Governance Coach™
What is the attire for the event?
Dress is business casual or casual.
Is lunch provided?
Yes, your registration fee includes lunch and a copy of "Meaningful Monitoring", one of the REALBoard tool kits.