Actions and Detail Panel
Advanced Esthetics 2 day class! 5CEU'S!
Mon, Apr 10, 2017, 10:00 AM – Tue, Apr 11, 2017, 5:00 PM CDT
Join us for a 2 class covering micro-needling, chemical peels, and dermaplanning! Don't miss out on this great opportunity to take advantage of this 3 in 1 advanced esthetics class! Receive 5 continued education hours.
Clinical Couture Designer Peels
All exfoliation is not created equal! Today’s client demands effective treatments that are as unique as their individual skin needs. This class walks you through our full range of designer peels from Organic to TCA and gives you the tools to create results- oriented treatments that will keep clients coming back for more.
Collagen Induction Therapy
Medical Skin Needling, also referred to as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) and Micro-Needling, is a relatively new concept being added to numerous aesthetic skin rejuvenation treatment options. Micro-Needling, is used to break down scar tissue and to stimulate skin cells to proliferate. This cell multiplication results in the formation of new tissue layers of elastin and collagen fibers as well as in new capillaries for an improved blood supply.
· The history, Developments of needling devices
· Product usage protocols
· Treatment guidelines
· Indications and contraindications
· Pre and post care instruction
· Comparative and corresponding skin therapies
· Treatment and technical demonstration
· Certification testing
This procedure has been widely used within physician offices and medical spas, where esthetic procedures are performed. It is the safe use of a sharp surgical blade to remove vellus hair from the top epidermal layer of the skin, increasing cellular turnover while smoothing and softening the surface of the skin.
- The history & purpose of dermaplaning
- How dermaplaning compares with other forms of physical exfoliation and hair removal
- Client selection
- Contraindications to treatment
- Proper sanitation of instruments and infection protection
- Methodology for dermaplaning treatment, including maneuvering the instrument, clinical end points, troubleshooting and post procedure options.
- Pre-treatment skin analysis and explanation of the procedure to the client