Date: January 10, 2017
Time: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Course Description: This renewal course follows American Heart Association curriculum for the Advanced Cardiac Life Support program. Course objectives include:
- Proficiency in basic life support
- Recognizing and initiating early management of pre-arrest conditions
- Managing cardiac arrest
- Identifying and treating ischemic chest pain and acute coronary syndromes
- Recognizing other life-threatening clinical situations (such as stroke) and provinding initial care
- Using ACLS algorithms
- Effective resuscitation team dynamics
***You MUST have a 2016 ACLS Provider Manual for this course. AHA guidelines state that participants must have an active ACLS card to take the renewal course.***
Fees (payment is expected on the day of the course in order to receive CEU hours and Course Card):
- Non-Employees (including MD's contracted through RCHSD): $115 Provider
- RCHSD Employees: No course fee ONLY if it is required for your job.
- Required manual may be checked out from the RCHSD medical library
- Pre-Course Assessment (Pre-Test) link will be included in the confirmation email sent once registered for the course.
- Participants are responsible for bringing the ACLS manual to class.