The Advanced Burn Life Support (ABLS) Provider Course is an eight-hour course for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, therapists, firefighters, and paramedics. This live, hands-on course is designed to provide the "how-to" of emergency care of the burn patient through the first 24 hour critical time period. Following a series of lectures, case studies are presented for group discussions. An opportunity to work with a simulated burn patient to reinforce the assessment, stabilization, and the American Burn Association transfer criteria to a Burn Center will be provided. Testing consists of a written exam and a practical assessment.
- Evaluate a patient with a serious burn
- Define the magnitude and severity of the injury
- Identify and establish priorities of treatment
- Manage the airway and support ventilation
- Initiate and monitor fluid resuscitation
- Apply correct methods of physiological monitoring
- Determine which patients should be transferred to a burn center
- Organize and conduct the inter-hospital transfer of a seriously injured burn patient.
The ABA designates this continuing medical education activity for up to 7.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ of the Physician’s Recognition Award of the American Medical Association. This program also has been approved by the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN) for 7.40 contact hours Synergy CERP Category A, File number 00018611.
If you need to cancel, we will issue a full refund within one week of registration, or in the unlikely event of course cancellation. Course materials will be sent out via email one week after registration, therefore, only a 50% refund will be issued after course materials are sent to registrants. No refunds will be issued after November 30th, 2016.
For questions or more information about this event, please visit www.ameriburn.org or contact one of the following people:
Brooke Dufek: Brookesun1@yahoo.com
Vina Vargas: Vina.Vargas@hhs.sccgov.org or 408-885-6367
You may also contact the SCVMC Burn Center at 408-885-6666