Actions and Detail Panel
Advanced Application Development with Redux and React
Sat, June 10, 2017, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM EDT
This workshop aims to introduce the principles and concepts of Redux apps by building a GIF management app. React is one of the most popular web frameworks, but it’s not a complete solution. Enter Redux, which allows developers to build advanced apps with React (and other frameworks).
What will I learn?
- Understanding Redux's strengths
- Flux architecture and the concept of one-way-data flow
- How Redux works: Reducers and Action Creators
- Implementing Redux into a React app
- How to manage APIs and asynchronous flows with Redux Thunk
What will I build?
- A react/redux app to help manage your gif collection.
What will I need to bring?
- Bring a laptop with the latest version of Node.js installed, running latest OSX or Windows
- A terminal/commandline application (Ex. cmder for Windows, or iTerm2 for OSX)
- A text editor (Ex. Sublime Text with Babel-Sublime syntax highlighter installed, or Atom)
What are the prerequisites?
- Experience with React
Lunch will be provided! Please contact us if you have any dietary restrictions.
Refunds for HackerYou workshops will only be given if we are notified 7 days prior to the event.