Advanced Actor Series, ages 13+
The schedule is as follows:
1. Group Meetings:
- OCTOBER: Fri. Oct. 7, 4:30-6:30pm
- NOVEMBER: Fri. Nov. 4, 4:30-6:30pm
- DECEMBER: Sat. Dec. 3 2:45-5pm (students will see "Little Women" at TVCT and have a post-show discussion with director and cast)
2. Scene Study Meetings:
- OCTOBER: Group A - Fri. Oct. 14, 4:30-6pm; Group B - Fri., Oct. 21, 4:30-6pm, Group C - Fri. Oct. 28, 4:30-6pm (Groups will be assigned at the Oct. 7 meeting)
- NOVEMBER: Group A - Fri. Nov. 11, 4:30-6pm; Group B - Fri., Nov. 18, 4:30-6pm (Groups will be assigned at the Nov. 4 meeting)
- DECEMBER: Group A - Fri. Dec. 9, 6-8:30pm; Group B - Fri. Dec. 16, 4:30-6pm (Groups will be assigned at the Dec. 3 meeting)
3. Monthly Individual Coaching Meeting times will vary based on student/coach availability
This class meets at Treasure Valley Children's Theater
This program was designed for advanced acting students serious about a career in the arts. Enrollment includes a monthly class meeting in acting theory, technique or seeing a play; students will also work with a small group once a month on a scene or monologue work; students will also receive one individual coaching session each month. Total time: 5.5-6 hours a month of advanced work.
You may register for one month, two months, or all three months. NOTE: there is a savings of $30 if you register for all three months. Each month students will focus on a new acting theory and new scene material. Note: this is NOT a performance-based class. Students will work on skills, techniques and theory that will improve their audition outcomes, performance on stage and opportunities for college programs.
Facilitated by Julia Pachoud Bennett
Students are asked to come to class in comfortable play clothes (no skirts, please), shoes that stay on their feet (no flip flops, please), and bring a labeled water bottle.
Payment is appreciated by the first day of class. On the first day of classes, guests are invited to stay for the first 20 minutes. After that time, classes are closed to observers. A waiting area adjacent to the classroom is available. Thank you in advance for respecting this policy.
GENERAL POLICY STUFF:
Class minimums are 6 students. Class maximums are 15 students. Classes are subject to cancellation, with 1-week notice, if minimums are not met.
Fees posted include online registration fees, a $15 nonrefundable administration fee, and all class materials. Multi-family discounts are applied for students from the same family enrolled in the same class. This discount is 10% off the second student, 15% off the third and fourth, fifth, etc. We do not pro-rate fees for anticipated absences. Full payment is appreciated on the first day of class. Payment plans can be arranged with prior notice. Fees will be refunded for cancellations made before the first day of session minus the $15 registration fee. A full refund will only be granted in the event that the class/camp is cancelled. All refunds must be requested in writing.
No refunds will be granted for any cancellation made on or after the first day of session. No refunds will be made if the student does not attend, is asked to leave due to behavior, or leaves early for any other reason.
HOW TO REGISTER:
Online registration and payment through this Eventbrite portal is preferred. Online fees are included in this transaction.
If you prefer to pay with cash or check, please register through this portal and select the link 'Other Payment Options' below the green payment button on the registration page. Please mail a check to TVCT PO Box 9144 Boise, ID 83707 or contact us to make payment arrangements.
When & Where
Treasure Valley Children's Theater
703 N. Main St.
Treasure Valley Children's Theater
Treasure Valley Youth & Children’s Theater empowers youth and inspires future innovators, entrepreneurs, creators, humanitarians and artists through quality performing arts experiences.
Through our programs, young people experience theater arts through:
- Observation (see): A professional, adult acting company producing plays for young audiences.
- Participation (play): Year-round classes, camps and workshops for youth ages 3-18.
- Performance (perform): Audition and performance opportunities for young performers ages 8-18.