San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
What is Mental Health First Aid?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course, designed to teach people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
On our Adult MHFA courses everyone is taught a set of skills which enables them to support someone experiencing mental health issues.
Hazel Sawyers is a quality assured MHFA instructor, who has attended the seven-day instructor training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
What will I learn on a two-day Adult MHFA course?
Hazel delivers training in four manageable chunks, each with a focus on how to apply Mental Health First Aid skills:
Session 1 Mental Health First Aid, mental health, and depression.
Session 2 Depression (cont.) and suicidal crisis.
Session 3 Anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders and self-harm.
Session 4 Psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
Everyone who attends the course will receive a copy of the MHFA manual and workbook, which are both excellent support resources.
When you have completed the course you will also receive a certificate to confirm that you are a trained Mental Health First Aider
How will becoming an Adult Mental Health First Aider help?
The course will:
- Give a deeper understanding of the issues that impact on and relate to people’s mental health
- Teach practical skills that can be used every day, including being able to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health issues and feel confident guiding people towards appropriate support
Independent research and evaluation shows that taking part in an MHFA course:
- Raises awareness and mental health literacy
- Reduces stigma around mental ill health and feel confident guiding people towards appropriate support
- Boosts knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health issues
- Encourages people to start a conversation with a person who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- Promotes early intervention which enables recovery
MHFA won’t teach you how to be a therapist, but you will be able to say you’re a Mental Health First Aider.
Is there an age restriction on learners?
Adult MHFA courses can be attended by people aged 16 upwards and are relevant for the general population.
How much will it cost?
Our courses are currently subsidised and cost £264.94 per person (rather than the £300 plus booking fee recommended by MHFA England).
How do I book a place on the Adult MHFA course?
To book a place on our Adult MHFA course please use this Eventbrite site or contact:
email@example.com or call 07947 881 444
You can follow this link for a recent review of our training that was written by journalist Jenny Roper of HR Magazine. http://www.hrmagazine.co.uk/article-details/we-test-mental-health-first-aid-training
My Life is My Business Limited - Hazel Sawyers
See Hazel's profile on -http://mhfaengland.org/profile/906
Become a Mental Health First Aider!
Save This Event
When & Where
My Life is My Business Limited
My Life is My Business Ltd provides personal and organisaional development solutions that focus on personal leadership, mental health and well-being, equality, diversity and inclusion.