Actions and Detail Panel
ADKC's Independent Living and Care Fair
Fri, June 2, 2017, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM BST
ADKC's Independent Living and Care Fair. 2nd June.
Get your free tickets for our event on 2nd June 2017
Local disabled people often contact Action Disability Kensington and Chelsea (ADKC) for information about what Independent Living services there are in the area.
Therefore members of Personal Budget User group decide that it would be useful to run an event where local residents could come along to find information out about their options and so people can talk face to face with organisations providing services that help people carry on an independent life.
We also wanted to make the event mutually helpful - both for people in Kensington and Chelsea who use care and support services, and those providing such service. We want to make sure that not only can local people can learn about the range of services but also that services can hear what local people need.
With this in mind, ADKC members decided to run an Independent Living and Care Fair, which will be held on the 2nd June, starting at 11am in the Small Hall at the Kensington Town Hall.
Which services will be at the event:
Council and Health services – e.g. community independence service, social services
Local organisations supporting older /disabled people and carers – e.g. ADKC, Age UK and Carer’s UK etc.
Care and Support Providers e.g. Ashbourne, Right at Home, Bluebird etc.
Commercial organisations e.g. Independent Social Work / OT / Legal / Financial advice and companies selling equipment.
Personal Assistant Employer support e.g. Payroll, Employers Liability Insurance, Skills for Care.
Tickets are free for residents of the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea who wish to find out more about Indenpendent Living Services in the borough.
1. What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Public Transport - you can use the Transport for London Journey Planner to show you the best way to arrive on public transport. You can even modify the "accessibility options" if you have specific access needs.
Car - People with an RBKC PURPLE Badge can park in residents bays. The location and number of the closest BLUE badge bays are located:
- Argyll Road W8 7DB, Junction with Kensington High Street -3
- Campden Hill Road W8 7DS Outside Bradford and Bingley Building Society (junction Kensington High Street)-2
- Iverna CourtW8 6TR Outside 28 to 44 Iverna Court -1
- Hornton Street W8 4NT Opposite numbers 52 - 54 (view limited stay period for Hornton Street)- 2
- Phillimore Walk W8 7SA Junction with Argyll Road - 2
- Wrights Lane W8 6TA Opposite junction with Iverna Court -3
- Young Street W8 5EHNear junction with Kensington High Street -3
- Please see https://www.rbkc.gov.uk/parking-transport-and-streets/parking/disabled-parking/blue-badge-scheme/find-bay for details of other blue badge parking.
Dial-a-Ride - if you meet the criteria for Dial-a-Ride but have not yet signed by, you can contact them on 0343 222 7777 / DAR@tfl.gov.uk
Taxi-card - if you meet the criteria for Taxicard you can contact RBKC's accessible transport office on 020 7361 2390 / email@example.com
Westway Community Transport - this is a membership organisation. You can find out more from them at 020 8964 4928 or http://westwayct.org.uk/contact/contact-us
2. How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
You can call ADKC on 020 8960 8888 and as for Jenny. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries specific to the event.