Sunday, April 7, 2013 at 5:00 PM - Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 10:00 PM (PDT)
After a five year sleep, ADIM13 returns from the dead! This inspirational event is designed for graphic designers, art directors, photographers, and creative directors seeking fresh, inventive ways to use the Adobe Creative Cloud in their projects. ADIM13 will introduce you to new software tools and imaging techniques, and teach you skills that may immediately be applied to your next design or photography project. If learning about all the useful features in Adobe Creative Cloud sounds interesting, then this unique event is for you. Plus, you'll have the opportunity to interact with and learn from some of the foremost experts in graphic design and the use of Adobe products to take your skills to the next level. Take note: ADIM13 is a high-energy learning experience, and you may actually find yourself having fun while learning!
You will learn:
- What makes the Adobe Creative Cloud unique
- Photoshop imaging techniques
- What's new in Illustrator and InDesign
- Digital Publishing to the iPad
- Sync, Store, Share - The Adobe Creative Cloud Connection
- Web publishing and working with Adobe Type Kit
- Version control - how to manage clients who use outdated Adobe software
- Mobile computing for tablets and phones
- ADIM attendees receive a one year membership to the Adobe Creative Cloud (value: $600)
- Three days of hands-on processional training (value: priceless!)
- A 1 year membership to Lynda.com (value: $300)
- A collection of Russell Brown's favorite Adobe typefaces (value: Beyond your wildest imaginings)
- One free download of FontAgent Pro 5 (value: $99)
- Fabulous food: reception, 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, and closing night dinner
- A rental Apple iMac for each participant to use during the event
I'm travelling to Boulder for the event. Where should I stay?
The St. Julien Hotel & Spa is offering a special rate for ADIM13 attendees. Visit the St. Julien's ADIM Reservation Page to book your stay.
If an ADIM attendee already has an existing Adobe Creative Cloud membership, how will the ADIM13 complimentary membership work?
When an ADIM attendee activates or "redeems" their complimentary membership, the clock will start for a 12 month cycle upon redemption. Once that complimentary timeframe is over, their original contract will resume where it left off. In other words: your paid Adobe Creative Cloud membership will be on hold for 12 months.
Will the Adobe Creative Cloud membership start its 12 month countdown when I register for ADIM13?
How about Lynda.com? If an attendee already has a membership, how will a comp membership work?
Your comp Lynda.com membership will be added to your existing one - like stacking pancakes!
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
No. A proficient understanding of Adobe design software is the only thing you'll need to have.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Attendees are responsible for planning their own transportation.
- Valet parking is available for $20 per vehicle, per night; with in/out privilages
- Valet parking for the day for ADIM13 attendees is available for $12 per vehicle
- Self-parking is available in the City of Boulder parking garage beneath the hotel. Rates are determined by the city and are currently $1.25 per hour for the first 4 hours and $2.50 per hour thereafter
What can/can't I bring to the event?
Computers with all necessary software will be provided.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Send an email to Hollis Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions that we didn't answer here.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Yes, for a $50 transfer fee. If you wish to transfer your ticket, contact Hollis at email@example.com.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
What is the refund policy?
- Full refunds, less a $100 cancellation fee, will be available through March 15th, 21013.
- Partial refunds of 50% of the registration fee will be available from March 16th through March 31st, 2013.
- No refund will be available for cancellation beginning April 1st, 2013.
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
No. All registrations much match the name of the attendee. If you need to transfer your registration, please contact Hollis Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When & Where
Adobe Senior Creative Director Russell Brown & The Van Heyst Group
As Senior Creative Director at Adobe Systems Incorporated, Russell Preston Brown holds a unique position in the computer industry. Brown maintains a vital presence in the digital design and publishing community, facilitating the exchange between the user and software developer that is so essential to Adobe's software development. With complete mastery and breath-taking sytle, Brown shows users how to work-- and play -- with Adobe software. He has given the world's leading photographers, publishers, art directors, and artists a strong grasp of the stofware tools that, by virtually all accounts, have led to Adobe's applications becoming the standard by which others are measured. Remember what Russell always says, "Learning about Adobe Photoshop should never be boring."
Founded in 1995 in Boulder, Colorado, the Van Heyst Group (VHG) creates strategically-aligned experiences for the world's most influential corporations, foundations, and innovative leaders that not only focus on intellectual content, but also magnify their voice. VHG works with clients including Cisco, Apple, Techonomy, Forbes, Equinix, and other idustry leaders to produce meaningful interactions via meetings, panels, keynotes, sreams, workshops, surveys, brainstorms, and conferences.