San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Please join us on Thursday May 1 at noon for our monthly ADFP meeting. Following last month's very successful case presentation by Leigh Bivings,
Diane Pappas, CDFA™ will walk us through a complex real life case that she has just led to completion. Thus we will be able to discuss the initial views we might hold on a case and how the case eventually ends.
This is the case of a couple that has been married for 19 years.
- They are 53 and 54 years old
- They have Special Needs children - 16 yr. old twins with extraordinary medical and education expenses
- The husband is self-employed with only one year history making $470,000
- The wife received an inheritance and purchased the family home in Beverly, MA as sole owner
- The husband claimed part of the proceeds upon sale, but had signed an agreement with Wife/Father-in-law that he had no claim in that inheritance
- The husband requested a Vaughn Affidavit from Wife's father; request denied by Wife
- The husband 'took' $93,000 from Wife's individual account (he had the user name/password)
- Following several status conferences, the Judge declared this an Alimony case
- The wife paid for a parenting plan to address needs of children
- The wife paid to 'impound' personal information about children
- The wife paid to have estate planning done to protect children
- The Judge ordered a mediation with Judge Boorstein which I attended with both clients and both attorneys.
- My client signed the agreement that week.
Join us on May 1 and share your views on this case.
Diane is the founder of Solution for Divorce.
Prior to founding Solutions for Divorce, Diane was associated with Insight Financial Strategists and Shepherd Financial Partners prior to that.
Diane earned a BA from Dickinson College and is a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA™). She is a member of the MCFM and the MCLC and on the board of The Divorce Center.
We will be applying for CE credit for this program.