This course is ideal for coaches, teachers, volunteers and anyone working with disabled people who is or would like to be able to support disabled people to take part in sport.
The course covers both theory and practical experiences including:
- An introduction to disability awareness
- Practical experience of Paralympic and adapted sports such Boccia, Goalball, Table Cricket, Polybat and New Age Kurlings including setting up and using the equipment, rules, game tactics and coaching scenarios
- Principals of how to adapt and modify activities for different impairment groups with practical scenarios and tasks
- Activity planning, introducing activities and leading sessions
- How to prepare participants for activities, observation and feedback, reflection and evaluation of sessions