Photo: by Wendy Bailey of Coracle Maker Quentin Page being an Angel #BeAnAngel
The Studio by The Creek
Mill Street, East End Green
Brightlingsea CO7 0SX
01206 30 23 67
media release … media release … media release
Exhibition of Paintings, Prints, Sculptures & Ceramics by East Anglian Artists
ADAMS, EVES & ANGELS
Saturday 10 Sept - Friday 29 Sept
The Studio by the Creek Brightlingsea Featuring 22 well known East Anglian artists
ADAMS EVES & ANGELS curated by Colin Kirby Green
Painter and Music Impressario
Colin Kirby Green:
“ I’m excited by this new exhibition Adams, Eves and Angels. I have chosen a subject familiar to all, found in inspirational art images since painting began.
In my travels I have had the pleasure of seeing so many Italian renaissance originals such as Fra Angelico’s ‘The Annunciation’ or Adam & Eve kicked out of Eden.
I’m looking forward to seeing how our very talented East Anglian artists interpret figurative Adams and Eves and the less tangible iconic spirit of Angels”
If you go down to the Essex Marshes today, a skimming stone’s throw from Brightlingsea Creek, you’re sure of a big surprise!
Jazz & Classical Musicians and fans together with Art Lovers have regularly made pilgrimage down the quiet backwater lanes on the marsh’s edge where boats bob about and sea birds swoop. Why? For over 25 years, audiences come to enjoy concerts and Art Exhibitions in what must be the most unusual music and art venue in Essex.
By day, The Studio Brightlingsea is the working art studio of internationally renowned artist and painter Colin Kirby Green. By night, Colin swops his paint overalls for black tie, rolls back the carpets for a Grand Piano to take pride of place in his age-old converted barn which is now magically transformed into an intimate concert hall seating 60 for Jazz and Classical concerts.
ADAMS, EVES & ANGELS
Ruth Anderson Belinda King
“BE AN ANGEL”
The Studio in the Essex Marshes, on Brightlingsea Creek opens a new art show called ADAMS, EVES AND ANGELS this Saturday 10 - 29 Sept.
One unusual and interactive exhibit gives visitors the chance to literally “BE AN ANGEL”.
BE AN ANGEL by artist Wendy Bailey
- A beautiful golden Angel Throne sits in front of two huge painted Golden Angel Wings.
- People are encouraged to sit down upon the Angel Throne, relax and connect with their inner angel
- Photographs may be taken of you as an angel for an angelic keepsake.
- Images will be available on #BEANANGEL @TWITTER #INSTAGRAM #FACEBOOK
- ADAMS, EVES & ANGELS An Exhibition of Paintings, Prints, Sculptures & Ceramics at The Studio by the Creek Brightlingsea
- How to find The Studio: VISIT www.studiomusicbrightlingsea.co.uk
- Colin Kirby-Green’s Art Studio and Concert Venue has ample parking and is pleasantly situated on the edge of Brightlingsea Creek.
- Admission is Free
- All are welcome from 11 am - 5 pm every day
(except on Wednesdays when the studio is closed for teaching.)
- Contacts: Colin Kirby-Green 01206 302367 email@example.com
Wendy Bailey 07770 665512 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Annunciation (c.1450) San Marco Convent
By Fra Angelico.
A gem of the Florentine Renaissance now regarded as one of the Greatest Paintings Ever.