Active Shooter Response Training
March 28th and April 2nd
Day one: 8 am to 5 pm
Day two: 8 am to 5 pm
An Active Shooter is an individual actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in a conﬁned and or populated area. In most cases, active shooters use ﬁrearms and there is no pattern or method to their selection of victims. Active shooter situations are unpredictable and evolve quickly. Typically, the immediate deployment of law enforcement is required to stop the shooting and mitigate harm to victims. Because active shooter situations are often over within 10 to 15 minutes, before law enforcement arrives on the scene, individuals must be prepared both mentally and physically to deal with an Active Shooter situation. (Department of Homeland Security: 2008)
Point Blank developed the Introduction to Active Shooter Response course to familiarize students with the knowledge, physical skills and mindset required to respond to an Active Shooter threat event. This course will address the considerations when dealing with an Active Shooter threat in public places such as the workplace, school grounds and campuses, shopping malls, and places of worship. This course introduces the fundamental skills that will enable responsible citizens to respond to, and if they choose, potentially stop an Active Shooter threat. Students will be placed in scenarios requiring them to demonstrate sound judgment and rapid decision making while engaging an active shooter. This course introduces basic concepts and principles for approaching the crisis site, team movement, room entry techniques, and engaging the threat. Finally, this course will discuss how to prepare for and respond to Law Enforcement personnel when they arrive on scene.
- Current member of The Well Armed Woman only.
- Must be able to participate in physically intensive training lasting up to 8 hours per day. You will learn to clear hallways, rooms, engage the threat under stressfully scenario based training.
- Sturdy footwear or athletic shoes and shooting range-style clothing that enables movement.
- No firearms or live ammo permitted in the classroom or during any training scenario.
- Blue guns, SIRT guns, Shooting Simulator (Judgemental Training) and Simunitions (Force on Force) will be used during this course and provided by Point Blank Firearms & Self Defense Training, LLC.