The Rifle Handling Basics Clinic is an educational event designed for the new M4/AR15 platform owner or anyone who wants to improve their rifle handling.
- This is a live fire training experience.
- Learn basic Rifle Marksmanship handling of the AR-15 type rifle. Other worldwide service rifles accepted as well.
- Learn how to zero your rifle.
- Learn basic rifle handling techniques needed for safe use in the Practical Rifle and Action Shooting Sports environment.
- Proper Safety manipulation
- Proper trigger and muzzle discipline
- Safe handling around obstacles both stationary and on the move
- Tactical and emergency reloads
- This course will be taught by military veterans and competition shooters with a no nonsense, plain language approach.
When & Where
Aurora Sportsmen's Club
The Aurora Sportsmen’s Club, Inc. (ASC) has been in operation for more than 65 years and is incorporated as a Not-For-Profit Illinois Corporation dedicated to training, education, conservation and outdoor shooting sports. Although the Club is private, many events and activities are open to the public. ASC is situated on approximately 280 acres just south of Waterman, Illinois.
Facility tours, orientations and new member processing are scheduled the second Saturdays and fourth Sundays of most months. Additional information on becoming a member of ASC can be found here: http://www.aurorasc.org/membership
'Action Shooting' is a term that encompasses target shooting events where the shooter's score is based on both accuracy and elapsed time. Depending on the discipline, various amount of movement may be required and shooters may be required to engage targets from point-blank range up through 600 yards. Additional information on the Action Shooting Sports program can be found here: http://aurorascpr.org