ACTING WITH TOMMY VITA - KIDS AGES 6-12 YRS OLD
Saturday, March 15, 2014 from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM (CDT)
NEW ORLEANS, LA
Calling all kids who are looking to turn their daydreams into a reality. One of the main jobs of an actor is to create an imaginary world and bring that world to life in front of an audience. This is a concept that actor, TOMMY VITA embraces and preaches heavily to all kids he coaches. Kids already have a wild imagination and he thinks it's time we put it to a positive use.
TOMMY VITA has been a working actor for 6+ years and he has been coaching actors for the last 2 years. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3737103/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1
- establish a basic acting language by defining key terms and applying them to acting exercises.
- go through a series of acting exercises that will focus on strengthening the actor's listening, cue & impulse, and focusing skills.
- discuss the preparation process that an actor must go through.
- work on an exercise that helps to define what correct preparation feels like.
- discuss how an actor should approach a scene.
- work on a few exercises that focus on a concept dubbed "Public Solitude."
Upon registration each actor will be assigned reading material that they will have to complete prior to the class.
Please email BECKI ASAP @ BECKI.IMPACT@GMAIL.COM if you have any further questions.