The three-month ACT for Depression Group combines the benefits of peer support and professional expertise to help you develop a new foundation for a better life. This evidence-based group provides guidance in relating to your emotions and developing skills to help you:
- Break the cycle of depression
- Reconnect with a sense of meaning and purpose
- Build deeper and more satisfying relationships
- Increase your mindfulness and awareness
- Find ways to gently hold loss while moving forward with life
- Engage in worthwhile activity
- Establish and pursue what you would choose your life to be about
- Develop greater self-compassion
Group Meeting Times: Wednesday evenings from 6:30pm to 8:00pm
The next group is schedule to begin Wednesday, September 28, 2016--you need to be signed up and in communication with the facilitator in order to attend.
Cost: The orientation is free of charge with no obligation. The initial consultation cost* is $30. If during the consultation it is determined that the ACT for Depression Group is a good match for your treatment needs, you will be enrolled in the group.
Each session costs* $30. Because we skip meetings that overlap with major holidays, we run groups for 10-12 sessions over 3 months (i.e., the total group fee is $300-$360). Once enrolled, you will be responsible for the total group fee regardless of attendance. Group members are encouraged to attend all meetings to receive a full course of treatment.
About the facilitator:
Shadee Hardy, LCSW is a clinical social worker who has been practicing for over a decade. If you'd like to talk to her to see if this is a fit for you, you can call her at (503)281-4852 x17, choose a registration ticket above, or learn more about her here.
* If you are in financial need and openings are available, you are welcome to attend the initial consultation meeting and the ACT for Depression Group at a reduced rate. Please “register” if you would like us to contact you to learn more about our need-based reduced rates.
Save This Event
3700 N Williams Ave
Public Classes at Portland Psychotherapy
Classes for personal growth at Portland Psychotherapy