Actions and Detail Panel
Achieving Leadership Presence – September 14 & 15, 2017
Thu, September 14, 2017, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM PDT
Leadership presence is the skill set that enables a person to inspire, motivate and connect with the minds and hearts of others. It is the ability to build trust through a meaningful connection and open communication. In order to inspire and earn the trusts of others, they must also be willing to reveal who they are and what they truly believe in.
Through their leadership stories, they are able to share their life experiences, illustrate their beliefs and values and inspire the people around them. A compelling story provides narratives, clear images and even emotions. It helps us relate, understand and connect with one another in a way that facts and numbers alone cannot.
This highly interactive program is designed to teach a more open, authentic and compelling approach of communication. Through the use of storytelling, participants will learn the skills and best practices needed to make interpersonal connections. Participants will have the opportunity to discover and tell their own leadership stories that reveal who they are, their personal and professional beliefs, values and aspirations for the future. The techniques used will create meaningful connections and build trust among contributors.
Dates and Times
- September 14 & 15, 2017 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
San Francisco State University Downtown Campus, 835 Market Street, Suite 600
Current SF State students and alumni and those who register early will receive a special discounted price of $795 USD. Program pricing and dates subject to change.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for anyone who wants to develop their leadership presence and improve their ability to make an impact on others.
- Develop authentic leadership presence and practice communication skills to create authentic connections and build trust with others
- Become more aware of their strengths and areas for improvements as a leader and communicator
- Apply techniques to tell a story in a “deep and brief” way while communicating the heart of the message
Topics that we cover include:
- What is leadership presence and how to develop it
- Best practices of authentic leaders
- The Trust Equation and behaviors that build trust
- Communication principles to strengthen teamwork and collaboration
- Voice and non-verbal communications to effectively align intentions with perceptions
- The art of meaningful dialogues and active listening skills
- Fundamental storytelling skills that can be incorporated into daily interactions with others
The program delivers courses across the following modules:
Day 1: Discovering Your Authentic Leadership
- Best practices of authentic leaders
- Developing your leadership presence & communication skills
- Universal communication principles
- Building trust & authentic connection
- Why leaders tell stories
- Discovering your leadership stories
- The art of meaningful dialogue
Day 2: Telling Your Leadership Stories
- Storytelling techniques & communication skills, e.g., voice, body language, eye contact, breathing
- Demo & practice telling your leadership stories (Life Changing Moment)
- Giving & receiving feedback
- In-the-moment coaching & feedback from faculty and peers
- Applying leadership presence & storytelling techniques in your personal & professional life
Mehmet Sevinc is a communications consultant, an executive coach and an assistant lecturer of MBA-level courses on developing leadership, communication and coaching skills with a consulting background in business intelligence. He has taught at UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business and Nanyang Business School in Singapore. He is currently a key player of a team at University of California, Berkeley, where he and his team are moving UC Berkeley staff toward data based decision making. Mehmet holds an MBA from San Francisco State University and a BA in business administration from Marmara University in Istanbul, Turkey. He has won two national sailing championships in his homeland Turkey. He was the captain of the Turkish National Sailing Team between 2001 and 2004. In 2016, he completed Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon in San Francisco. He is planning to become an Ironman Triathlete in 2017.