San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
ACH risk management has become a focus of regulators in recent years and attaining a compliant status goes well beyond adherence to the ACH Rules. Every participant in the network except consumers bear some responsibility, with Originating Depository Financial Institutions (ODFIs) and their Originators and Third-Parties bearing the brunt of the liability. The introduction of new ACH Rules, increasing fraud using the ACH Network, and a greater focus on consumer protections make risk management more difficult every day.
This course will:
- Review ACH Rules related to risk management and fraud prevention
- Analyze other federal regulations, guidance and laws that impact ACH risk
- Increase an attendees ability to identify and manage ACH fraud
- Identify ACH audit and risk management essentials
Using real life case studies, attendees will put their knowledge to the test and determine appropriate courses of action during the workshop. Attendees, in small groups using different cases, will be given one piece of the issue at a time, much like real-life risk scenarios play out since we rarely have all the facts at the time we need to start making decisions. Each new fact will challenge participants to navigate potentially devastating scenarios.
- How to define areas of ACH risk, related rules, guidance and regulations.
- Recognize appropriate ACH risk management techniques for given situations.
- Translate new techniques into actionable practices.
- Analyze case studies to determine an appropriate course of action that minimizes risk.
- Assess the success of actions taken for each case study and isolate any actions that introduced new risk.
- Organize a list of three (3) action items to immediately review upon returning to work.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- ACH risk
- New ACH Rules that represent unique / new risk
- ACH Rules related to risk management and fraud prevention
- Federal rules, guidance, and laws related to ACH risk management
- ACH Risk Assessment essentials
- ACH Audit essentials
- ACH fraud identification and response techniques
- Ongoing education
- Using automated solutions to maximize risk management efforts
- Unique individual and group exercises that help apply new knowledge
Who will Benefit:
Payments professionals working in the ACH Network will benefit from this course; these individuals could include operations, compliance, risk management and audit.
The course will prove most beneficial for financial institution staff, Third-party senders and third-party processors who offer ACH Origination services to other businesses, and Originators of ACH (i.e. businesses).
Note: Use coupon code NB5SQH8N and get 10% off on registration.
Save This Event
When & Where
Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.