FED 104: MCLE 6 credit hours (1.0 Ethics)
We are approved and accredited in South Carolina.
Our nation’s military service members are a valuable part of our society, and in addition to their service requirements, they also have family and other responsibilities. Federal law is very specialized in relation to military service members and their families, and attorneys seeking to represent service members or members of their families must have a working knowledge of these laws and regulations to give their clients the best possible representation.
With this program, participants will:
- Become familiar with the specialized federal laws relating to service members, such as the Uniformed Services Employment and Re-Employment Act and the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act,
- Recognize the protections offered to service members through federal laws, regulations and court decisions,
- Understand the compensation and benefits available for active service members and their families,
- Evaluate how child custody and divorce function in the context of one or both parties being service members,
- Consider medical and compensation benefits available to disabled or retired service members,
- Examine how military pensions are divided in a divorce, and
- Gain confidence in representing military clients in stressful situations with significant consequences.
*speaker and venue are subject to change
Date and Time
Embassy Suites Charleston Airport Hotel & Convention Center
5055 International Boulevard
North Charleston, SC 29418