San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Accounting for Taste: Pairing Food Wine with Food
Wednesday, August 13, 7:00 PM
Pairing wine and food starts off easily enough – whites with fish and reds with beef. But it starts getting complicated when you add sauces, spices, and herbs to the mix. We’ll walk you through the basics, including how your wine pairing is affected by cooking methods, dominant & secondary flavors, and food texture. We will also examine how to pair wines with traditional flavor profiles, such as French, Italian, Thai, and Latin cuisines. You will leave the class with a better understanding of how wines influence taste sensations, enhance, and even detract from different foods.
- Six wines will be tasted.
- "Ingredient pairings" are included.
- Discounts available for wines tasted in the class that you’d like to take home!
- This is a seated wine tasting class. Space is limited. Don’t wait to sign up!
This class is recommended for individuals who are already familiar with common wine styles and popular wine regions.
Accounting for Taste is part of the DC Wine Week Summer School Series.
DCanter’s Cancellation Policy:
- Cancellations by attendees are allowed up to 48 hours prior to the class/event start time to receive full refund.
- Cancellations made by attendees within 48 hours of the class/event will be charged in full.
- If the Federal Government or the DC Public School system announces an unplanned closure, DCanter will reschedule the class.
- Attendees will receive an email notifying them of the cancellation, date and time of rescheduled class, and any other necessary information.
When & Where
DCanter - A Wine Boutique
DCanter is a Washington, DC boutique specializing in small production wines, craft beer, and community wine & beer education. Come visit and find something delicious!
545 8th Street SE, Washington DC 20003