Actions and Detail Panel
Accelerating Innovation through Human-Centred Design. 14-15 June 2017.
Wed, Jun 14, 2017, 8:30 AM – Thu, Jun 15, 2017, 5:30 PM BST
This two-day workshop introduces participants to the discipline of Human-Centred Design. Participants will learn how HCD can be used to:
- Understand the needs of the different stakeholders.
- Encourage frequent prototyping and sense-checking of ideas.
- Promote effective interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Provide teams with a repeatable way to innovate.
Who should attend?
Those who wish to accelerate innovation within their organisation, are interested in Human-Centred Design (Design Thinking), or who want to improve their skills in these areas, including:
- Product managers, designers, researchers, user experience professionals, marketers, consultants, engineers, and learning professionals interested in Human-Centred Design.
- Business, non-profit, government, and academic leaders involved in embedding innovation into their organisations.
What do you teach?
Examples of methods we typically teach include:
WHAT WE THINK WE KNOW
- Stakeholder Mapping
- Journey Mapping
- Persona Profiles
- Hypothesis Generation
- Contextual Inquiry
- Experience Visualization
- Hypothesis Testing
- Understanding Insights
ASSESSING WHAT WE KNOW
- Heuristic Assessment
- Affinity Clustering
- Assessment Matrices
- Qualitive Synthesis
USING WHAT WE KNOW
- Harnessing insights
- Horizon mapping
TESTING WHAT WE KNOW
- Quick and Rough Prototyping
- Usability Testing
- Customer Validation
- Defining the MVP
How is the course different?
Practical and hands-on with a focus on learning-by-doing, using several different practice exercises that combine individual work with small group collaboration.
Taught by experienced practitioners working in product, service and experience design.
Flexible framework and methods relevant to different industries and design challenges, including digital products, physical products, services, processes and policies, and applicable across the entire product/service development lifestyle (front end and back end).
Small class size (max of 12) for more individual attention.
What have past attendees said?
“Fantastic introduction to the benefits of design thinking for any business. It makes what could be seen as foreign activities to “non-designers” accessible and easy to take away and introduce to your company.”
Where is it, when does it start and what about lunch?
- Workshops run from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM over two days.
- London workshops take place at our studio in Hammersmith: PDD, 87 Richford Street, W6 7HJ. On the first floor, up one flight of stairs (no lift).
- Breakfast and lunch are included.
- After you register, we will provide information on hotels and transportation, reserve a parking space and ensure that we are aware of any dietary restrictions or other special needs.
Price, payment and refunds?
£1,029+VAT. Discounts are available on group bookings. Payment via Visa, MasterCard, American Express or invoice. There are no refunds on bookings, however you can transfer your ticket to a workshop at a later date or send someone else in your place.
For more information
t. +44 (0)20 8735 1111