Accelerate Your PaaS to the Mobile World
Wednesday, November 20, 2013 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM (CST)
We'll start out with a brief overview of PaaS and Continuous Integration, and show how you can have a mobile platform CI environment using Jenkins and CloudBees. We'll have demos of an app built for several different platforms - iOS, Andriod, Java + MongoDB - all built from GitHub by Jenkins, completely in the cloud. Time permitting, we'll also cover how to set up a Continuous Delivery environment for Google App Engine with CloudBees and Jenkins.
Ryan Campbell is a Software Engineer at CloudBees, and has been in the software development industry as a developer for over 12 years as a software developer, developing on the J2EE platform from its earliest days. He has also been a QA / QE manager, and has worked previously for RedHat and JBoss.
RSVP by going to http://hjug11202013.eventbrite.com We will need an accurate head count in order to know how much pizza to order. Since there may be a large turnout, please only RSVP if you're certain you'll be coming.
Meeting Location: PROS
Houston, TX 77002
Park across the street in the parking garage on Elgin on the 7th floor, taking a parking receipt as you enter the parking garage. Parking is free after 7:00 PM, so you won't have to pay as you exit. Take the elevator to the 3rd floor of the parking garage and walk across the sky bridge. The HJUG meeting will be on the 2nd floor on the left just before you reach the elevator bank.
Meeting Sponsor: CloudBees
CloudBees is transforming the way Java applications are built and deployed. Our Platform as a Service (PaaS) is focused on simplifying and accelerating the entire Java application lifecycle, making it easier and faster than ever to build, run and manage Java applications.
About our venue sponsor: PROS
We aren't your run-of-the-mill software company. We're true to our word. When we say your success is our number one priority, we mean it. We'll work side-by-side with you to deliver on every promise every time. At PROS, we don't just see ourselves building software. We see ourselves as building blocks in our customers' success stories.
Our Core Values:
- Ownership - We take responsibility.
- Passion - We love what we do.
- Pride - We accept only the best.
- Trust - We can be counted on.
- Integrity - We do what's right.
- Innovation - We create possibilities.
- Customer Centricity - We put our customers first.
Door Prizes and Giveaways! - must RSVP on Eventbrite to win
- JetBrains has donated one IntelliJ license to be raffled off at this month's HJUG meeting if we have 30 attendees, two if we have 50 or more
- Hello2Morrow has donated a SonarGraph Personal license to be raffled off at this month's HJUG meeting
- ZeroTurnaround has donated a license of JavaRebel to be raffled off this month
- Headway Software has donated a license of the new Structure101 Studio
Meeting sponsored by Structure101 for Tangle free software.