ACC and Lex Mundi present: Investing in Africa: Current Trends
Tuesday, December 3, 2013 from 12:00 PM to 7:00 PM (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) and Lex Mundi are delighted to invite you to a half-day conference on Investing in Africa: Current Trends. The program is designed for in-house counsel advising organizations that operate in Africa and will provide insights on laws and business dynamics of the continent. Issues to be covered include:
- Opportunities for investment in the region
- Foreign direct investment and local content regimes
- Contractual issues and joint ventures
- Corporate entities
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Disputes and arbitration
- Regional variations
- Anti-bribery and corruption
- Diligence and Know you Customer (KYC)
- Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and sanctions
- Security concerns
- Cultural understanding for those from outside the region
At this event:
- Senior in-house counsel will share their experiences of doing business in the region and give practical tips.
- Lex Mundi member firm partners from Angola, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, South Africa will give on the ground advice.
- There will be interactive roundtable sessions on Anglophone West Africa, East Africa, Lusophone Africa, Francophone Africa and South Africa.
- Our keynote speaker will set out the economic and political landscape.
The event is only open to in-house counsel. Places are limited so please book early.
Registration cancellations must be received in writing via email@example.com. Registrations cannot be cancelled over the telephone. Cancellations for registrations processed at the "Non ACC member" rate will not be refunded the $295 membership fee included with the registration. Registration cancellations will adhere to the cancellation policy dates below, no exceptions.
- Written cancellation of "ACC member" tickets received by November 2, full refund of monies paid, minus GBP10 administrative fee.
- Written cancellation of "ACC member" tickets received between November 3 and December 3, no refunds.
Substitute attendees (from the same organization and eligible to attend) are always welcome. Please email your request, along with the full contact details for the substitute attendee, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When & Where
Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) and Lex Mundi
The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) is a global bar association that promotes the common professional and business interests of more than 30,000 in-house counsel in 75+ countries who work for corporations, associations and other private-sector organizations through information, education, networking opportunities and advocacy initiatives.
Lex Mundi is the world’s leading network of independent law firms with in-depth experience in 100+ countries. Our member firms are able to offer clients preferred access to more than 21,000 lawyers worldwide – a global resource of unmatched breadth and depth.